Friday, April 22, 2011

Dress us up.

I wrote this as I was flying to Atlanta. I think about death every time I fly. I'm not afraid to fly, it's just reality. I pictured the plane starting to free fall and these thoughts came after that wonderful and uplifting visualization. Oh, and apparently I try to rhyme sometimes.



If the air beneath this plane disappears,
If I find my lungs gasping for air.
If I think I'm moments away from the Son,

I will hold on to the words; Your will be done,

      and I will not fear.

When I see the faces terrified from what's been done,
When I see the world and what it's become

       I will not fear.

If I never find my one and "only,"
When the world tries to tell me I'm lonely,
If I never witness them realize the cross that you had to bare,

      I will not fear.

You've given me a lifetime worth of answers,
You've shown me a worth and joy that will never be matched.

You've endured it all, for my sake.
You've given me a joy that this world cannot shake.
Your precious and perfect body was ruined, so I could come near.

Because of this, I will not fear.



 

1 comment:

Ciara H said...

Wow, I like that. Such a bittersweet visual. Beautiful words Hulie Hoop!