Saturday, July 5, 2008

Ruby Minis 86 setup

These are going to be random thoughts, because it's 4 in the morning. I'm an idiot, I get this nagging desire to stay awake at night. Why? I have NO idea.

This will be nothing inspirational nor grounds for thought-provoking conversation. Just me being awake at 4am.

I love work. I love any work that has its primary task involving people. Customers, fellow employees, whatever the case may be. I just love people. I don't think there is one person that I'd be hesitant to talk to. I was having a discussion with Jared the other night about how I feel like I've been out of the "real world" for the last 8 or so months because of Student Staff. It's nice to be back in it. It's nice to be surrounded by those that aren't seeking the Lord. Ha, however weird that sounds. When we're at Young Life people know why we're there. But at Ruby Tuesday at Tempe Marketplace people need to figure that out on their own. And I will help them realize that I live, breath, eat, poop, play, sleep, love, for and because of Christ. It's kind of fun to have it be under wraps sometimes. Its invigorating to just be a girl thats pretty much happy all the time for seemingly no reason, then have them realize this girl is "super religious." It actually hasn't happened yet. My faith has come up maybe 3 times. It's crazy how non-important that is to people. For me trying to understand where others hearts, needs, and desires come from is one of the main things I think about in any friendship. But for others thats so far out of their mind there is no reason to bring it up. I pray that my co-workers see Jesus not only behind my craziness, but as the sole reasoning for it. (I'm not sure if Jesus wants to be associated with that, but He has no choice) ;-D

People at work get stressed about the simplest things, and the managers freak out and need to go home because the "restaurant business" gave them a butt whooping today. Okay, I'm of this world in some ways. Bad days suck, I get angry, pissed, tired, whatever the case may be, but that has nothing to do with who I am. That just may be how I'm acting at the moment. I can't imagine living for your job, your family, your school, your friends. All that stuff runs out or the people will die. (blantantly said) But Jesus...oh Jesus. I could live for that stinker for eternity. I'd rather focus on something that matters the longest. And He, matters forever. Not even Ruby's can beat that.

I need to go to bed. I've only written for 7 minutes and I have NO idea what I said or why I said it.

I love my friends, I love my family, I love Ruby Tuesday employees. I love my/our Jesus.

Life is good because Life isn't all that important (think about it...find the balance....)

TRUST IN LIVING. LIVE IN TRUST.

No comments: